Resedinfa Prahova County, the city is located in the SW of it, in Plain piemontana with the same name, crossed in U.S. bucks Dambu. Situated in a plain, the village occupies relatively low altitudes, between 130 m in the SE and 180 m in NV. Bus on the railway Bucharest-Brasov city is located fafa of the two cities to 59 km and 60 km E 60; important railway junction, then it trails off to the railway Targoviste, located at 52 km and 48 km DN 72, '69 km from Buzau DN IB and Urziceni 55 km and 63 km DN ID; from Sinaia is situated 62 km on the railway and 63 km E 60. Of P. can buy tickets through an agency TAROM, the airports of Bucharest.
In culture shine: a university with several faculties, many schools, colleges, libraries, etc..; Municipal Theater with drama departments, Estrada and dolls, a philharmonic two secfii: Orchestra and symphonic orchestra of folk music "Flacara Prahovei . In P. organizes poetry festival "Nichita Stanescu", city offices and poet (1933-1983) born on these lands. In P. were born Peter Negulescu (1872-1951), philosopher and politician; Stefan Gheorghe Nicolau (1874-1970), doctor, academician.
The birth of the municipality is considered charter issued by Michael the Brave in 1597, which voivode completing the country decided to raise here a "Royal Court" and a military camp, though other documentation mentions are earliest (1503, 1545, 1546). To mosneni the village, the great voivode was out of obscurity, became the fair (1599), thriving settlement, encouraged and pozifia advantageous to circulate rascruce of trade routes. Opening road Preda - P. - Bucharest in the middle section. XIX (1846) , putting into service of railway P. - taught in 1879, and in 1882 up
- Brasov, have accelerated local development (ii. Oil meant for city prize trigger industry: in December 1856, "gas factory" of Marin
- Mehedinfeanu, Wholesale Rafov barrier, "the garlic, funcfioneze began in 1857 as a global priority! Towards the end of sec. XIX (1889)
- Connections with Bucharest and Oradea: here there were already 35 companies trading. Begins in 1858 with kerosene lighting, and up to 1900 is introduced and electric lighting.
After the population Ploiesti is one of the big cities (areas with .254 386 inhabitants (1995) and is situated on a leading and in which "the share of its economic. Number of economic objectives, the industries we lead to a touchdown a few of them: P. North refineries ( "Astra" and "Vega"), petrochemical combinatele "Petrobrazi" and "PETROTEL" not without menfiona that city is located in an area tradijionala and processing of extracjie oil and natural gas which explain attribute "city of petrolistilor. currently big objective are the branches: Construction Machinery (ii (" UPETROM "- petroleum equipment; Uzuc - chemical equipment; Rulmenfi heavy) electro (Flacara), chemistry ( "Dero" progress ", etc..) material constructs (Matizol - insulating materials), household items (Feroemail) Woodworking (Anteco) glass and glass cleaning (Bastia), textiles (Doroban5ul), leather (Prahoveana), food industry. robustious economic development resulted in a profound change in urban city.
Largely destroyed in the bombing during the Second World War, in part devoid of architectural remains, in front edililor increased with acuity problem inzestrarii village. Appeared on all modems street thoroughfares, public markets and commercial premises, the premises Political managed house of culture, and blocks the passage Union-Mercury, all of the blocks A1-A8 which closes etc. Commercial Galleries complex. Housing blocks |'s were built in North neighborhoods, Red Mountain, West I and II, May 9, Ienachifa to Vacarescu Central zone, penetration of the arteries in the city are under finalization, as well as new market of Heroes, or assemblies on the streets of Vasile Lupu, Vlad Tepes, Cuza, microraionul Basarabi neighborhood and to Michael Bravu
Of great historical value and enjoy documentary exhibits Judefean Museum of History and Archeology Prahova, presenting pieces from the Paleolithic, the Geto-Dacian civilizafiei, feudal era, the exploitation of oil, etc.. Museum building itself is an architectural monument, a earei construction started in 1865, was made after the plans of architect Alexander Orascu. Clock Museum "Nicolae Simache has a collection | ie more than 2 000 hours. Populara Art Museum exhibit furniture, items of clothing, a colecfie carpet etc.. Art Museum collections define faraneasca painting, classical painting and sculpture Romanian. Building is a miniature palace and is the architect I. Negrescu. Museum of Science [Nature of Judefului they are Prahova sectors evolufionism,